We took our annual Davis Family Summer Vacation in August. It goes a little something like this...
1. The kids pile half of everything they own by the door.
2. I clean the camper.
3. The kids start moving their pile from the door to the camper.
4. I try to move their stuff back to the house without them noticing.
5. The dog goes to the groomers.
6. I put everyone's clothes in the camper, except John's. He is a grown man.
7. We start getting everyone loaded into the truck (including the dog, of course).
8. John asks if I packed his clothes. I reiterate #6.
9. I go pack John's clothes. (I tried not doing this once, but then he just bought new clothes and it wasn't fair.)
10. We get on the road.
11. Trace asks "How many more miles" at least once every 2 miles ALL THE WAY THERE (it's a little over 500 miles, BTW)
In 2009, we started a tradition of stopping in Ashboro, NC and staying for 2 nights. We get there pretty late on Thursday evening and get settled. On Friday, we hit the North Carolina Zoo. It is really an awesome zoo. This year we just did the Africa section (the have an Africa section and a North America section) because it started pouring the rain and the humidity was oppressive (think wearing poncho sweating...not cool). It was still a good time. After we left the zoo, we went back to the campground, and it actually cleared up, so the kids swam and jumped on the Jumping Pillow. The Jumping Pillow was AWESOME, heck, I even jumped on it a few times (then remembered that I'm old and promptly returned to my seat on the bench). Here are some pictures from our stop-over in Ashboro!
4 days ago