Friday, August 7, 2009

Ever Seen RV?

You know the hysterical movie where Robin Williams takes his family on vacation in an RV?

Yep, the one in which he gets covered in poo trying to empty the septic tank.

How bout National Lampoons Summer Vacation?

You know, Chevy Chase and fam head out across the country to Wally World and all sorts of funny stuff happen to them?

Two funny movies about family road trips.

This evening we have embarked on our own summer road trip!

That's right, John, the kids, the 65 lb dog, and I are cruising down interstate 79 south in WV.

Yep, we are in the RV, all of us together.

John is driving, Trace is all buckled into his car seat in the copilots seat, Taylor is buckled into the chair in the living room watching Bolt, and I'm laying on the couch blogging and facebooking from the trusty Palm Pre.

Oh, yeah, Bandit is stretched out beside the couch sleeping.

So far, so good.

But it's a long way to Myrtle Beach.

We are just going to mosey along, as we are not expected at the campground until Sunday afternoon. We are hoping to hit the NC Zoo tomorrow.

Wish us luck, hopefully none of us gets covered in poo along the way!

13 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun time ... looking forward to hearing more about your "adventure"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just got back from renting our RV...fun times....the kids loved it! We were not able to take our 65lb dog....because we rented...have a great trip!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful time!!! Wish we were there with you! And you are right...MB hit us up good! The kids were dying to see the Dixie Stampede and they know about the aquarium from last year, so we actually budgeted those two things in ahead of time! But we had a great time at both and I'm glad we did it. I hope you have beautiful weather, can't wait to see beach pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am totally humming "Holiday Road" right now from Vacation. I hope you guys have a wonderful trip and glad to see that you can blog from the RV. My mom had gotten the Pre but had trouble navigating it so she went to Black Berry. Tell me how you like it-maybe next upgrade I will get one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Kim for getting that song in my head...Have a great time Destini! I remember your pictures from there last summer...it looked like a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love road trips! Whether you have a Lampoon's vacation or not, I'm sure it will be full of memories the kids will treasure their whole life. Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to hear about your "Vacation"! Have a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck on your family trip hope to hear more details soon...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have fun on your trip, can't wait to see if your "vacation" lives up to "Vacation" hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a great time!! I love road trips, and both of those movies are so funny! I can't wait to hear about your vacation stories and see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have fun and can't wait to hear more on the trips and get the pictures coming..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woo hoo for road trips!!!! I hope you all have a fantastic time! No poo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck Destini! That actually sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete