Friday, September 11, 2009

Next Thing We Know, We'll Be Shipping Her Off To College!

That's right, our baby girl started Kindergarten at the end of August! The last 5+ years have flown by, and Taylor has grown into such a "big girl"! She is already reading and loves to write!

Taylor was a little nervous to go to a new school where she didn't know anyone, but has adjusted really well. She has made some new friends and LOVES riding the school bus. I'm so proud of her!

Which picks her up at 7:05am - so I've made it my goal to get up at 5:30am so that we can all be ready and out the door for her to catch the bus, and Trace and I can get a early start on our day. We are actually doing pretty well - although it isn't rare to see all our lights out at like 9pm!

The first day of school, I got Taylor up and got her ready (she picked out her clothes and wanted "one ponytail with a braid") and we drove down to the bus stop (it's about .2 miles from the house). We were chatting with the neighbor when the bus pulled up and before I even knew what was happening Taylor was on the bus and gone! I was standing there, mouth gaping, in shock - she didn't even say goodbye! I did get a couple pictures before the bus arrived, and caught the back of her on her sprint up the stairs! Don't worry, after a little whining on my part, Taylor has slown down on her bus boarding enough to squeeze in a hug and kiss for Mom!





10 comments:

  1. Oh my! How cute! And she really does look like such a big girl getting on that big bus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is too cute. And what a great sense of style!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear she's adjusting well to the new school. Funny how kids love the bus, Kylie is all over it too! A 7am pickup is brutal though, I feel for you there....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww...the time goes so quickly! Taylor looked beautiful on her first day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet! Whoo! That's early! Our bus doesn't arrive until 8:36am! I love her first day back outfit! It's adorable on her! Gotta love the "with a braid", my girls request them all the time! Oh my! She was super eager! I'm glad that she is managing to squeeze in a hug and kiss for you now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it crazy how fast time goes by! Tay looked so pretty and very excited about her first day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow she is SUPER PRETTY! I love her outift! I also wanted to comment on your vacation pics-My favorite Trace picture is the close up in the orange shirt. LOVE IT. He is so handsome. If I were you Taylor would be locked in her bedroom once she is a teenager. She is going to seriously break hearts! Here's to a great school year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Taylor is so pretty - love her outfit! That is great that she is adjusting to her new school so well and that she is so excited about riding the bus! I'm glad that she has slown down enough to give you a hug and a kiss before getting on the bus though! I hope she has a fun year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, so cute! I love at 5 years of age she is already paticular on how her hair needs to be done - priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Best wishes to Taylor! She looks so happy and excited on these pictures, good luck!

    ReplyDelete