Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Little Miss Miracle

On May 22, Taylor participated in the Little Miss Miracle Pageant. It was a fundraiser for the Children's Miracle Network, organized by Gabrielle Ash, who is running for Miss WV. We go to church with Gabe, and she is a beautiful, wonderful girl! Hopefully you will all see her in the Miss America Pageant!

Taylor LOVED the pageant, and for her first appearance, did great! She is so beautiful and adores dressing up and having her hair done! I took Taylor to the Spa Piccola, a full service spa for little girls, for a manicure and pedicure, which she loved. I was completely unprepared for the whole pageant thing - I figured being a pageant in Doddridge County, that only girls from Taylor's school and maybe the surrounding area would show up, boy was I wrong! There were plenty of girls there from the "pageant circuit", as I discovered in the dressing room listening to moms barking orders like "Let me see your side step, now turn" and practicing interview questions....I looked at Taylor, shrugged, and said "Smile, have fun, and don't fall down." Taylor didn't win, but she had fun and we are so proud of her!

Photobucket

Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Taylor is so beautiful!!! Great photos! She looks like she had a lot of fun! What a special day for a sweet girl - going to the spa and dressing up to go have fun! Love her dress and hair!
    It's crazy how serious some of those "pageant circuit" moms can get - you know that it's not fun for those little girls when they are being drilled so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks so beautiful! And I LOVE your approach as a pageant mom. Good for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful pageant girl! You should be very proud of Taylor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Taylor is such a beautiful girl! What a special day for her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tay looked gorgeous! Wow! Great job with the pagent, and I think the smile, go have fun, and don't fall down approach is the total way to go! :o) (Kylie would _SO_ fall down)

    ReplyDelete
  6. She looked stunning! And I love your advice. I always am amazed at those shows like Toddler in Tiaras-do you ever get a load of the mothers? Usually they look like they should be in a People of Wal Mart e-mail! And I am also laughing at Melissa's comment as well. What a fun time though to get all made up and I am glad she had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun day for Tay! Beautiful! I think maybe next time Ashleigh needs to get all dressed and pretty I may need to schedule her in for a makeover seeing as how I can't curl her hair worth a darn!

    ReplyDelete