Monday, December 29, 2008

The Davis' go to Disney - Part 1

Ok, so this is going to be a multi-part post for several reasons -
#1. I haven't finished editing my PhotoPass pictures yet, so I don't have my CD.
#2. My camera broke on day 4, and we rushed to WalMart to get a new one. Unfortunately, the impulse buy of the Kodak really sucked, so I returned it this weekend. Of course, the new Canon I got won't recognize the photos from the Kodak. GRRRR. I will have to get creative.
#3. I have tons of pictures and video to edit and not much free time.
#4. It's winter, so our lives are fairly boring. I'm gonna have to get lots of mileage out of the Disney trip to continue blogging.

So, as you all know we went to Disney World 14-20 December. We decided to drive this time - yipee, 900 miles! Here are the kids in the car, happy to be on the way to Disney! Yes, Taylor always poses when she sees the camera, and Yes, those are Taylor's sunglasses that Trace is sporting!




We took off on the evening of the 12th, and made it as far as Columbia, SC, which was the plan. We met up with The Brooks family Saturday morning for breakfast - it was so nice to meet up with them again! Mary Elizabeth is so adorable and it was fun to see how much she has "grown" since we met them in August. Unfortunately, I completely forget to get any pictures, and didn't even realize it until we were in the car - that's what breakfast with three kids and good conversation does to you, I guess. We drove the rest of the way to Orlando on Saturday, but we couldn't check into the Movies resort until Sunday, so we just crashed at the Royal Plaza at Downtown Disney.

Sunday morning we were up and went to check into the Movies resort. It is a Disney Value resort, so not really any bells and whistles, but my kids absolutely love the larger than life movie themes and I absolutely love the price! We were in the Dalmations building this trip, so we had huge dalmation statues in the courtyard. Here are some shots at the resort!






So for day 1, we went over to Disney Hollywood Studios. We had lunch at the Play and Dine at Hollywood and Vine, where characters from JoJo's Circus and Little Einsteins visit the kids while you are eating. Trace decided he was going to be shy this trip and not really visit with characters - every time a character appeared, this is what I heard "Mommy, I scared. I scared." Total bummer, especially since the same kid was absolutely in love with the characters on our last trip. Taylor also likes to pretend to be shy, which she thinks is cute, and I think is obnoxious.






After lunch, we met up with the Mazur family! It was so great to meet Danielle, Keith, and the girls! Our blogging community is great, it feels like we already know each other. We took the kids to Playhouse Disney Live on Stage and then to the Honey I Shrunk the Kids Movie Set playground. Taylor had a great time playing with Laynie and Riley, and Trace and Peyton warmed up to each other, as is evident by these pictures! He even shared one of his beloved tractors with her!















After the playground, we caught the Block Party Bash Parade, and the Mazur's headed for home. It was really fun to visit with them and hope to get the chance to visit again soon! We played at the park a little bit longer, then headed for the hotel to get situated in our room. I'll leave you with some pictures from the parking lot trams, which the kids though were great, go figure!



16 comments:

  1. I have been waiting for this Disney post!! We are slowly starting to plan a trip to Disney for possibly 2010 (There will be 8-10 of us, so yes, it's going to take us a while!) The Movies resort looks adorable! The kids are so cute (and photogenic!) as always, and I love the last pic of Trace with his dad! What a great shot. Looking forward to Disney Part II!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have got me all excited about our Disneyland trip here on the west coast in April. Love the photo of Trace and Peyton!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I am DYING over the kissing picture, they are soooooo cute!!!!!!!!!!!
    Isn't it wonderful to have this "blogging family", I swear I just couldn't make it without our blogging bubble!!!
    Looks like you guys had an awesome time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the update. I'm looking forward to more posts about Disney. I LOVE the kissing photo. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! you got some great pictures at the hotel. I love the picture of them kissing too, she was all puckered up for that one! My girls love the trams too, and the train at the Magic Kingdom is a favorite as well! I can't wait to see pics from the rest of the trip! And everyone else...hurry up and come to Disney so we can meet! I'm not sure if we are still going to make it to NYC next summer...so please let us know if anyone comes to Disney!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know that this is just the beginning of your trip and it looks like so much fun already. I can't wait to see more of the pictures. Isn't it great to get the chance to meet up with some of our blogging family - that's what I feel like we all are, a family. When we got to meet Mike, Cherylle and the kids, it was so much fun. That same weekend we also got to meet Jane and Jake - good times spent by all. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the picture of Trace and Peyton kissing - soooooooooooooooo cute! I love how she puckered up for him! He's going to be a ladies man!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok so funny when you say "Taylor likes to pretend she is shy-she thinks it is cute-I think it is obnoxious!" I love that all of us can recognize those quirks in our kids that drive us up a wall! The kids are so gorgeous. I saw all the pics on Facebook. I cannot believe you drove 900 miles. God bless you! I cannot wait to do Disney-I figure I will wait one more year but Preston will flip over the Little Einsteins!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun!! I'm hoping I can convince Jason to go next December! I love the photo of Taylor and Trace together in the courtyard, and the photo of John and Trace is a great one too! How fun that you got to see Mary Elizabeth again and meet another blogging family - it looks like everyone had a great time! As others have said, the kissing picture of Trace and Peyton is so cute! Looking forward to seeing more great photos/stories from your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait 'til the boys are older so we can take them to Disney World. I've never been but it looks like a blast! Trace in his muscle shirt is awesome! All the kids looked happy and great. It just melts my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE these photos! I can't believe how much Trace has changed, you can't take blogging breaks anymore! Don't you just love their little roles in the muscle shirts? I can't get enough of our babes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! 900 miles! My kids would have drove me nuts... "Are we there yet?" The pictures of the kids are so cute as always! I can't wait to take our kids to Disney! So much fun! I absolutely love the photo of Trace and Peyton kissing! Sooooo cute!!!! I'm glad you all had fun and I hope you get all the photos and videos worked out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so jealous! Not of the driving 900 miles, but going to Disney! So much fun. I'm looking forward to more pictures.

    P.S. Was it you who lives in the Columbus area? Email me...

    ReplyDelete
  13. OK. I may be late, but I must say I LOVE THE KISSING PICTURE TOO! You guys are so brave to do the Disney thing. What fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Destini!
    Disney with the kids - how fun! Driving 900 miles with them, not so fun - you guys are brave! There is no way Dan would drive that far with Caden! Your kids are the perfect age for Disney!
    That picture of Trace and Peyton kissing with the Tractor - so adorable! How nice of Trace to share his tractor :0)
    Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW! What a great trip! Such great photos! I can't wait to read more about the trip and see more of your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am REALLY late but great photos!! I adore the kissing one! 101 Dalmations are my fave!! I have a "rolly" tattoo....didn't know that did ya ;)

    How much fun for the family!!!

    ReplyDelete