Thursday, January 7, 2010

Merry Christmas!!!

Christmas was so much fun this year! The kids were both really into it and super excited as Christmas drew near! Here are a few highlights from the season! Some of the pictures aren't very clear and they are at a crappy resolution, I have a hard time keeping little fingers from changing the settings on the camera (and smearing the lens), then I don't figure it out until I am uploading them...grrrrr!

We made a Gingerbread House in early December (from a kit, of course), and it actually turned out pretty good...although I would LOVE to see the crew of designers and all the stuff they use to make the house pictured on the kit!



Taylor had her school Christmas Program, each grade level performed. It was so cute. Taylor got a little nervous and was trying to chicken out, Mrs. Jones said that couldn't happen because Tay was one of the few that knew all the words, so I bribed her...Trace looked extra handsome with his cap and sweater vest, although John had to take him to the car after Taylor's class got done, he was "seriously very thirsty" and just couldn't sit still. Taylor looked so beautiful and did a wonderful job singing! Unfortunately, the video didn't come out very well between the distance (I just had my digital camera) and the audio in the gym.









Trace had his Christmas Party at his school too! Santa came and brought each child a book, and the kids did a gift exchange as well. Trace loved Santa and was all about sitting on his lap and talking to the big guy!



This year, the kids wanted to get each other a gift...I took them individually and they both got the other a gumball machine...I think I got played! They opened their gifts to one another on Christmas Eve, then we spent a couple hours at John's Mom's house with his family, then a couple hours at my Great Aunt's house with my family. Christmas Eve was wonderful!





Here is Trace with his Papaw Bill, yep, ANOTHER tractor!



Santa must not have checked his list too closely, because Taylor and Trace both got tons of presents! Taylor really wanted an Easy Bake Oven and a skateboard, and Trace wanted a Handy Manny Fix It Workbench. The big guy came through and hooked them up with their Christmas wishes, and they got a ton of other loot! Trace got several Handy Manny Fix It sets to go with his workbench, as well as Trio blocks and GeoTrax stuff. Taylor got a Dora Links and a few accessories, DS games, Easy Bake Oven accessories, and a couple dolls. Together they got movies and games.



We had to rush the kids a little, and they didn't really get to play with their gifts, because we had to get to my mom's - she called and said Santa stopped by there too!



We had a wonderful Christmas, I hope you all did too!

11 comments:

  1. Cute pics! Tay looked beautiful in her dress, and Trace is such a little dapper dude in his sweater and cap. I got a cute little girl I'm going to have to introduce to that handsome fella! :o)

    Love all the Christmas pics too, Nikki totally wanted the Handy Manny workbench, but since the girls have broken every plastic "tool" they've ever had, we went with the wooden model instead! And we're totally going to have to get Kylie and Taylor together in Nashville, they really seem to be two peas in a pod! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a Merry Christmas! Love all the pic's! Taylor's dress is beautiful and Trace is looking so handsome sitting with Santa! How funny that they each got the other a gumball machiene! Great minds think alike! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such cute pictures! I'm so glad the kids got everything they wanted from Santa. I seriously need a picture of Trace and Seamus together with their spiky hair! Too adorable! Taylor looked beautiful for her Christmas show and I'm sure she was one of the best singers there (who says bribery doesn't work??)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutly love the pic of the kids together, Taylor looks so beautiful & love Trace in the hat! Looks like Santa really thought your kids were good this year! definatly sounds like they had a talk about what to buy eachother! lol! too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! How did you get Taylor's hair to stay curly? I can never get Ashleigh's hair to stay curly. She looked beautiful. Trace and his tractors...I always think of the Halloween costume you made in 08 for him. Now they have plenty to entertain themselves with on those snow days!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable pictures!! Taylor looked beautiful for her Christmas program and Trace looked so handsome! Little hands changing your camera settings and putting smudges on the lens sounds so familiar lately!
    Great gingerbread house! It looks like they had a fun Christmas and must have have been extra good this year with all that Santa brought them! Simon loves Trace's Handy Manny workbench! That's cute that they got each other gumball machines! :)
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the first picture of the kids with the gingerbread house ... that is too cute! Taylor's hair looks so pretty for her performance with her cute little red dress! I love that the kids got each other the same gifts! Too funny that you think you got played :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a little late..but cute post! Your kids are SO cute!!! You got some great pictures...it looks like they had a blast and made out very well. So glad you guys had a great Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are wonderful pictures!! Taylor looks beautiful at her Christmas concert! I am sure you have seen the pics I posted of Max in his hat like Trace's. I love it!! Trace is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. As I have said many time before, you will seriously have to lock Taylor in her bedroom as a teenager. She is just gorgeous. I LOVE the pic of the two of them from her school Christmas show. And Trace-I am a sucker for a dude in a newsboy cap. I would say Santa did a great job both at your house and by your mom's! WOW! The kids should be happy with all their new loot. I of course had fun buying and then I panic like where are we putting all of this? Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Trace looks so BIG in these pictures! I just can't believe it! And what a fun Christmas! They must have been really good because Santa left some awesome gifts! I also love Trace's shirt...would he really trade his sister? :)

    ReplyDelete