Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy

Between work, yard work, tball, PTO, the "kid in casts", Easter, birthday parties, guitar lessons, the dog rolling in horse poop and requiring a bath daily, and a bunch of other stuff that I can't even remember, we've been busy around the Davis house!

Some quick updates and photos:

Trace driving the jeep - he drives it daily until the battery dies, then goes in to take a nap while it charges and kills the battery again. Yeah, he drives the jeep with the full leg casts - he uses the tball tee post with a rag taped to the top, pushes it between his casts onto the pedal, and leans on it with his stomach to make it go. He's a clever little guy, huh?

Photobucket

Easter - the Easter bunny was rather generous this year with the toys and rather stingy with the candy. The kids both loved their baskets, and still managed to make it to 7:30am Sunrise Service at church!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

On the Saturday before Easter, the kids went to the annual Easter Egg Hunt in my parents' neighborhood. Eaden was there too. The kids had fun finding eggs, and Trace found one of the prize eggs - he scored a $15 ToysRUs gift card (which, incidentally, cost me $50 by the time I got the kids out ToysRUs).

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Trace has entered into the "do not take my picture" phase, just to prove it, I'll show you some of the pictures...I've been trying to get a good shot for Thank You Cards, but I might have to ditch the photo idea.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Ugh. What's a mother to do?

Trace update:

Trace also went on April 13 for a check-up with Dr. Ain (read - we left the house at 8:30am, arrived just in time for our 1:30 appt, and made it home at about 9:00pm). His legs looked good on xray and he must have had some serious post-surgery swelling, because his casts were way to big - we were lucky that he hadn't crawled out of them. They changed his casts (and I didn't think to take a picture of the sneak peek of straight legs that we saw because Trace wasn't the happiest little guy), so now he's got blue casts - and these casts would seriously fit inside of the old ones. Trace has been crawling ALL OVER the house (more like dragging himself with his arms), is a pro with the wheelchair, and still won't sit in one place for more than like, oh, 15 minutes.

He's super geared up for his birthday on the 22nd (tomorrow), turning the big 4! He informed me that he needed 4 presents because he was gonna be 4, so I gotta hit ToysRUs on the way home! Stay tuned for multiple posts regarding this as I plan to attempt to bake a cake this weekend, and he and Eaden's co-birthday party is at the zoo in Pittsburgh on May 2.

We also have "The Big Reveal" scheduled for May 11 - less than 3 weeks away!!!!!!!!

I also owe Taylor a post of her very own for her awesome tball season!

12 comments:

  1. Glad to see that Trace is doing just fine with his casts. I loved the camo look! So original! Looks like the kids had a great Easter and WAY TO GO Trace on finding that prize egg! Who only spends $15 at Toys R Us? Not us!

    Wishing Trace a very Happy 4th Birthday!!

    Looking forward to that post about Taylor and her tball games!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny, I love the last picture of him. That's definitely a keeper!! Glad Trace is doing well and can't wait to see the big reveal!

    Peyton has the same jeep and rides all over our yard too. I can't wait until Jaxson is big enough to sit and ride with him. (Peyton drives a little too crazy for me to feel comfortable putting Jax in the passenger seat yet)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the update ... I've been thinking about Mr. Trace. I'm glad he is adapting to his casts. I hear you on busy, busy and love how you refer to the "kid in casts".
    Caden really wants one of those jeeps so I will refrain from showing him the picture!
    I know the feeling with getting the good pictures ... it is so difficult to get the perfect picture with these ornery boys!
    Have you guys decided on Nashville?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say, that is very inventive of Trace to figure out a way to drive his jeep! I guess nothing stands between a boy and his wheels! He is looking awesome, particularly in those super silly "don't take my picture" pictures! The kids looked great in their Easter outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Only three weeks away?! Whoo Hoo! It seems like it went by fast (I know, easy for me to say). He sure looks like nothing's gonna stop him though. What a great kid. I think his "difficult" pictures are hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, I freaking love that last picture of him scowling at the camera!

    Yeah for getting out of the casts soon! I'm sure it's a lot easier for him to move around with the smaller casts.

    Okay, and I was totally laughing at the toys r us giftcard story because whenever the girls get something like that it always ends up costing me a freaking fortune!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hear ya on being busy. Didn't realize how close Aidan and Trace's birthdays are. Aidan's in on May 3rd. His party will be on the 2nd too! Happy Birthday Trace. 4 already??? He is looking great! Aidan saw some of Trace's expressions in the photos and made the same facial expressions back. They would get along very well together. Is there really anything you can even purchase at Toys R Us that is $15 or less???

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy to hear that Trace is getting along just fine! I think that last photo would make a GREAT thank you card picture ;) He reminds me of a certain 2.5 year old I know in the picture taking dept!! Happy 4th Birthday Trace!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So you haven't been busy? LOL! The dog rolling in horse poop would have done it for me. Once our dog rolled in a dead carcass. That smell could raise the dead (no pun intended). Trace is pretty cleaver. Nothing holds these kids back. I think they are more adventurous (sp?) then our AH kids. Glad to hear that things are well with Traces legs. Hope the swelling goes down and the cast doesn't fall off!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally LMBO over Trace's expressions! Boy he sure did enter the no pictures phase! Sonya also had a good deal of swelling and could pretty much crawl out of her cast! Love that Trace figured out the power wheels! I'm telling you, casts will not stop these monkeys of ours! Sheesh, you are busy! Happy birthday Trace! I can't wait to see all these awesome upcoming posts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok I love the photo shoot and Trace being oh so cooperative. Got to love four year olds. Probably so sick of the camera by now. I am so excited for the big reveal! WHOOO HOOOO! Cannot wait! I have told you before that Taylor is gorgeous right? That pic of her is amazing. The Easter Bunny went a little lighter on the candy this year, but made sure he bought some Peeps for MommY! LOL! Can't wait to see the pics from the birthday party!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow - you guys are super busy! What a clever little guy with a lot of determination! Love that he is still his busy self and finding ways to drive his Jeep and just have fun! I'm sure it is nerve wrecking for you at times though!
    It looks like the kids had a great Easter and lots of goodies from the Easter bunny! Love Taylor's dress - she's so pretty!
    I can't stop laughing over the "do not take my picture" photos! What expressions!! I think people would get a kick out of seeing those on a card!
    April 13th sounds like it must have been an exhausting day! Can't wait to see pictures of the Big Reveal!! We'll be at Hopkins on May 11th too.
    How fun to have their birthday party at the zoo! Can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete