Thursday, May 8, 2008

Party Time!!!!

After looking at Kim and Preston's blog, I was inspired to share a little of our lives as well. And what a better first post than a birthday party for two of my favorite kiddos - my little man, Trace, who recently turned 2, and my nephew, Eaden, who is turning 1!!!!

After spending the better part of a week cleaning up the homestead (and nearly working John to death in the process), party day arrived, and the weather was in our favor. So the fam and a few friends gathered to help the boys celebrate. They both made out like little bandits!

Here is Eaden playing with his new sand bulldozer.


After visiting and snacking a little while, it was time for some cake. Both boys were ready to dig in, but first the obligatory pictures and blowing out the candles. Here is Trace showing rare restraint while anxiously waiting to dig into the icing!

I'm not even sure why we buy kids cakes, they would be much happier with mounds of icing!

After the cake and opening all the presents, the kids were ready to take horse rides. We have 5 horses - technically, it is 3 horses, one mule, and one miniature horse - but Trace is crazy about the "nay-nays". Here is a shot of Trace and Mommy taking a ride on Munchkin.


Taylor is getting ready to start riding lessons, and she is definitely excited. The kids miniature horse, Booger, was forced to earn his keep and haul little kids around for the afternoon. My best friend Amanda, who Trace has dubbed "Ada", graciously helped out. Here is Taylor riding Booger, with Ada leading the way. On behalf of Ada, she wore dressy clothes over, so I made her put on my pj pants so she didn't ruin her clothes. Look at Booger's hairdo, he's such a cutie!



Everyone had a great time at the party. I'll leave you with this last shot of Trace. Apparently he confused one of our dogs, Fluke, for a horse. Luckily, Fluke is just happy to get some attention, although I'm pretty sure he's begging John to remove the little monkey from his back. Trace is such a little ham!

2 comments:

  1. What a great party!! The kids looked like they had a wonderful time and will surely be hard to top!

    Happy Birthday!!

    Can I add ya to my blog? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Found you from Tonya's site! Trace is such a cutie!! I look forward to reading all about his adventures!

    ReplyDelete