Saturday, May 17, 2008

Weekly Happenings

It has been a busy week, so I thought I'd take a few minutes and share a few items of interest from the past week.

Item of Interest #1: What was I thinking?

Taylor is famous for her stall tactics - she is always "hungry and thirsty" and needs "something to eat and something to drink" when we are going out the door in the mornings and when it is time for bed. On Thursday morning, the typical request - which I normally fill with a sippy cup of juice for each child as well as a pack of poptarts, but, we were out of poptarts. So, as she whined incessantly, I gave in and said she could have pudding - in the car. Now, Taylor has been eating pudding in the car since she was about 18 mos old - no problems. As I am giving her the pudding, Trace notices and begins chanting "Momma eat! Eat!", so in a moment of total stupidity, I handed him a pudding and a spoon. The rest can be summed up by the following picture of the "Chocolate Monster", as his teachers at daycare appropriately named him:


Now, to be fair, this picture does not show the severity of the pudding disaster. Trace somehow managed to cover himself with pudding. It was behind his ears, up his nose, down his shirt, and even on the bottom of his feet. Life with two children has taught me to look for the silver lining that each cloud must have - this cloud had two - Although Trace tried to give himself a mudbath with pudding, he didn't get any in the car, and the girls at daycare happily whisked him away to get him a bath.

**Please don't chastize my car safety, I did have Trace buckled in to his carseat properly, but he has figured out how to force the chest piece down and get his arm out. He is a little Houdini, I don't think they make anything that will actually hold him for very long.

Item of Interest #2: Taylor, the aspiring photographer

Taylor loves cameras. She loves to take pictures. Good thing digital cameras were invented, or else we'd be going through film like crazy. You have to watch her or she will take dozens of pictures of whatever she wants - herself, others, the ground, the sky, etc. etc. We were visiting my sister and nephew on Thursday evening, and Aunt Dani let Taylor have her camera. Here are a couple of the pictures that she took - a good picture of Eaden, and a cute self-portrait.





Item of Interest #3: Bath Time Fun

Splish, Splash, Taylor and Trace were taking a bath! And they decided to put buckets on their heads. Very cute and funny!



2 comments:

  1. Oh gosh! The pudding! I have to say it is so much better that it never got on anything in the car! Second Taylor takes some pretty good shots. Third-oh gosh the bath pictures-too adorable. Of course the silver lining here Destini is that you can use these as pictures to show to their first dates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've looked at your blog a few times and thought I would comment. Your kids are super cute!! I loved this last post about the pudding, very cute and funny. I've done things like this before myself in the car- usually get keep my little guy quiet or just not thinking of what may come of it. Not with pudding, but with things like ice cream :) I love the bath pictures. They are so cute and it's so fun to see them having so much fun together. I hope my two have fun like that once Kaela's a little older. Anyway- it's great to meet you. We started a blog awhile ago ...our almost 11 month old daughter has a rare form of dwarfism. We also have a 2 year old boy, will, who is ah. I look forward to reading more about your family. Check out our blog if you are interested. I'd love to add your blog if you don't mind?? Take care.
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete