Monday, May 26, 2008

Summer Has Started!



I know that summer doesn't officially start until sometime in June, but as far as I am concerned, Memorial Day weekend is the unofficial start of summer. We had a great weekend! Although it is completely pouring the rain down this evening (so much so that the satellite it out and we are now watching a DVRed episode of the Backyardigans), it was beautiful all weekend long.

We started the weekend with a little road trip. John recently got a bigger, better tractor, which Trace has officially declared "MY TRACTOR!!!" So, he sold his older one. On Saturday, we delivered the tractor. When I signed up to take the kiddos and accompany John on this trip, I somehow glossed over the 3 1/2 to 4 hours it takes to get there - one way. So we got there and unloaded everyone out of the truck for about 1/2 an hour. Taylor immediately started playing with the little girl when we arrived and when I drug her (yes, kicking and screaming) to the truck she was not happy with me. We got about two miles down the road and she declared that "You have ruined my life!" while sobbing. No, Taylor is not a teenager, she is 4 1/2. So, she is now banned from Nick and Noggin non-animated television programs, because I'm pretty sure that's where that one came from.

Sunday evening was my belated birthday dinner - so my parents and sister and nephew came down and I cooked - bad planning on my part, since it was my birthday dinner, but oh, well. Nothing says summer like corn on the cob!

<



On the way home, we stopped at Target for diapers - and somehow ended up leaving with not only diapers but two kids' fishing poles, a John Deere tractor playset, and a Barbie Mariposa styling head. When we got home, John took Taylor down to the pool to practice casting with her new Disney Princess fishing rod - and she is like a pro! When I went to get them for dinner, she was casting from one end of the pool to the other - 32 feet! Trace just uses his as a weapon, but I didn't expect much else. Here are some pictures of the kids fishing in the creek on Sunday. They didn't catch any fish, but Taylor hooked herself, if that counts.







On Monday, it was over 80 degrees, so it was time to hit the pool - except the pool is still really cold, so we mostly hit the "not-so hot" tub. Check out Captain Trace in his motorized boat! Can you tell that Taylor loves to have her picture taken?



4 comments:

  1. Your house sounds like a lot of fun :) Swimming, fishing, corn on the cob! The pictures of the kids are so cute. I love the pic of Taylor looking oh so cute in her bathing suit and that one of Trace in the chair with his pole is super cute! Your trip to target sounds like ours :) We went this weekend for Band Aids and one movie that was on sale...left with those, a toy, and other goodies adding up to 70 some dollars! I think Will is officially spoiled. Now everytime we go to the a store and just look at toys, he picks one he likes, brings it to us and says 'take home.' Sad thing is, it usually comes home. I'm sure that once Kaela is old enough to give the look to daddy she will be bringing things home too :)
    Great pics. Look forward to seeing more as it gets warmer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I normally try to do any shopping without the kids - but the worst combination is the kids + the husband - he is definitely a push over, and boy do those kids know it!!! If I do have to take the kids, I have a (mostly) firm $5 per child toy limit - but I normally get them to trade at the checkout for a sucker! Not sure how long that will last, but so far their impulse control is pretty poor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Destini,
    Your trip sounds like a lot of fun. The kids are adorable as always. My fave pic is of Trace on the chair with his fishing pole. It is absolutely too cute! I hear you on the toys. Preston is fully aware of which stores carry toys now. He immediately runs to that section!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got your comment, so I had to come check out your blog again! You have such beautiful children!! We also see the doctors at Johns Hopkins...we are headed up there on Father's day to see Dr. Hoover-Fong, Dr. Ain, and Dr. Carson. They are such awesome doctors!

    Your pictures are just adorable...and your home looks awesome! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete