Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween Treats for You!!

Halloween is so much fun with young children! They get so excited to dress up, and hello, there is candy by the bagful! The biggest decision - what to be???? Here is pretty much how the conversation went this year:

Me: Tay, want do you want to be for Halloween?

Taylor: Tinkerbell.

Me: Okay, sounds good. Hope its warm enough. Ok, Trace, what about you?

Trace: Tractor!

Me: T, I don't think you can be a tractor.

Trace: Tractor!!

Me: I know, buddy, but I don't think they make tractor costumes. What about Lightning McQueen, or SpiderMan, or a Bat, or a Pirate?

Trace: Tractor!!! Tractor!!! Tractor!!!

So, John and I made a tractor for Trace, and it actually turned out really cute!

Everything taken care of right? Wrong!

As we watch the weather and notice that the trick or treat forcast is um, cold, I decide that Tay cannot be Tinkerbell - so, we went shopping the day before Halloween for a costume. After scouring the left-overs, Tay picks SuperGirl - which was okay, because it is great for tights and underarmor - plus she turned out totally adorable!

Eaden made an adorable dragon - no, he was not Barney!!!! He was so funny, he just wanted to walk around, but the suit is kinda bulky so he was weaving and stumbling like he was drunk!

Enjoy the photos and check back in a day or so for an update with video, I haven't had time to get it edited yet!

15 comments:

  1. LOVE that awesome TV slideshow! You absolutely have to frame that black-and-white picture of Trace in his costume. I am very impressed, that tractor is awesome! I have a feeling when I show that to Seamus, he'll be deciding he wants to be that next year :-) SuperGirl is totally adorable, it looks like that costume fits her personality perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool tractor!! I agree with Emily - you should frame that black-and-white pic of Trace . . . so adorable! Every time Simon spots a tractor lately, he wants to check it out, and I'm sure that he'll be asking his PopPop to ride with him on his tractor in the spring.
    Tay is so cute posing in her SuperGirl costume too! Looking forward to seeing the video!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! I love the tractor costume..Will is sitting here looking at the pics with me telling me he wants to ride that tractor :) You guys are so creative. I'm going to have to try something fun next year like that. I love super girl too. She's such a cutie. I love the shots of her with her hands on her hips! SO cute. Beautiful children!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great pictures! and i'm very impressed with the tractor costume! and i love supergirl...i tried to get one of my girls to be that or wonderwoman...obviously it didn't work!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like they had fun!! Cute pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I CANNOT believe you made that tractor costume! That is truly the custest thing I have EVER seen! My boys would die over that! And Taylor does look just adorable! She's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Destini, like I said on Facebook, you did an awesome job on the tractor costume! Totally adorable and so very creative! Tay looked great in her Supergirl costume!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the tractor costume! You are so creative! I'm not looking forward to the year Parker comes up with something weird that he wants to be.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Great TV slide show, love it! You made an awesome tractor costume, it's perfect! You go with your creativity! All the kids look so cute in their costumes! Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow you are one crafty mommmy. Your tractor turned out great. I agree with everyone to put the picture in black and white and frame it.

    Wonder Girl looks awesome. It looks like that outfit fits her personality great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow!! I am so impressed. I need to be more creative with the boys costumes. Your kids were both adorable in their costumes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I must say I am beginning to get super jealous of all you blogging mommies-the creativity! I LOVE the tractor costume. I wish Preston was up right now so I could show him-although then he would want a tractor costume and well I just am not that creative! LOL! Taylor looked beautiful-watch out those teenage years-those boys will have to be kept away with a stick!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks everyone! BTW, I got the TV slideshow from Photobucket, I upgraded to Photobucket premium, its like $40 a year and they have tons of cool stuff and editing software!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Destini!
    Adorable pictures! The tractor is so cute. You and hubby are creative!!! The things we do for our kids :0)
    Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  15. What great pictures! Sooo creative and I must agree with the others on Trace's sepia colored photo! Toooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete