Wednesday, March 25, 2009

March Madness!

Wow, I can't believe that March is already almost over! We have been pretty busy lately. With the decent weather we've been having it has been nearly impossible to get the kids to come indoors! I've been too busy chasing them and trying to brush the winter coats off of the horses to take many pictures, but I'll try to do better! You will have to forgive my extra long post, but as a slacker blogger, I gotta get everything up when I can!

On the blog note, my friend Samantha has started a blog for her family. Her youngest son has a possible diagnosis of OI, and she has two other cuties, too! Her blog is http://thebaddleys.blogspot.com.

We went down to the National Zoo last Saturday and met up with some of our LP friends. It was great to meet Amanda, Cory, and Parker "for real", and to see Jenn, Jason, and Simon again! Plus we met some new friends too! The weather wasn't ultra cooperative, it was pretty chilly, but that didn't stop us from exploring the zoo for the afternoon. Taylor's favorite animal is the tiger, and Trace's favorite seems to change fairly frequently...his favorite exhibit at the zoo this time was the construction site for the new elephant trail. Go figure...drive the kid ~250 miles to a zoo and he wants to stand on a bridge and watch the tractors. He was pretty funny at the lion exhibit, he asked us to put him in there, so he could
"beat up that lion". He was gonna "bite his ear off". I promise we haven't been letting him watch Mike Tyson fights!

We don't take Trace anywhere without a backpack full of tractors. Trace graciously shared with all his buddies during the lunch meet-up!



I don't think that Simon stops smiling! You point a camera at him, and the smile is turned on! (This won't last much longer, Jenn, be prepared!)



Parker has decided that the camera is not his favorite friend, but he's still such a cutie that it doesn't matter! (See Jenn, evidence of previous warning)!



I thought the otters cuddling together were extra cute!



Here we are at the panda exhibit! Trace wasn't tired from all the walking at all, wonder why? John totally had to haul me back up to my feet after this photo!



We let the kids run around the Prairie Dog Playground for a little while before strapping them into the car for the trip home!







Trace got a ton of GeoTrax stuff for Christmas, so much that I had to move it into its own room at the house. Trace plays with them pretty much everyday, and Taylor plays with them, too! My only problem with the GeoTrax is that the pieces seem kind of hard to find, WalMart and Target aren't carrying them, so I am Ebay shopping for the upcoming birthday. GeoTrax toys are much cheaper than the Thomas trains (and not nearly as creepy and obnoxious).



In other news, we are working on potty training with Trace. Trace does pretty good at school, but not so great at home. I took his "stand up potty" to school, but let him pick out a new potty for home. He got a construction truck potty, that makes truck noises when it is "used". I have resorted to bribery with assorted Hersey's chocolates for each said "use". You can see that while sitting on the truck potty, Trace still manages to play with his toy trucks. Geez! You can tell that Trace is just thrilled to be sitting on the potty, but the promise of candy is hard to resist!



Miss Taylor loves to write and draw, and is beginning to read! She writes me little notes reminding me that she loves me all the time, and I cannot get enough! I love you too, Tay-bug!

16 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great time at the zoo. It's always wonderful to be able to get together with other LPA families. I just wish that all of us bloggers/facebookers weren't spread clear around the country.

    Thank you Trace for a good laugh - seeing him sitting on his potty and using the other one as a pillow just cracked me up! And of course his tractor has to be there too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pictures! I'm so glad you introduced me to Samantha! We have been chatting a bit on FB! I'm glad you all had a great time with Jenn, Jason, Simon, Amanda, Cory and Parker! Those sea otters are cute! What a cool potty! I've never seen one of those! I hope he makes good use of it! :) Way to go Taylor! She writes beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post - you took some really great pictures of the kids! the potty is great...he looks so adorable on it! Laynie and Taylor should write each other real letters!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Destini I can't believe that potty chair! Where did you get it? Ruger was looking at this post with me admiring all of Trace's train set. I think he's jealous, not because of the set but because Ruger can't seem to keep his pieces put together! I love that little pose of Taylor. She's such a little princess and incredible at writing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you all had a great time @ the zoo. Cant wait to meet everyone (well not everyone, unfortunatly!) @ the NYC convention! It's gonna be so much fun!
    OMG! I wish we found that potty seat when we were training Ethan! It's awesome!!! Where did you find it?
    Ethan loved looking at the pic of Trace's trains! He loved his Geo tracks when he got it but now he doesnt really ever play w/ it. Guess it's just not so exciting any more.
    Taylor looks like quite the ham!love the pose!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG I love the picture of Trace sitting on the potty seat! It's true, I wish all of us "blogging families" could hang out in real life, how great would that be!!
    Can't wait for NYC!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this post!! I'm so envy you all could actually hang out in reality life. I love Trace potty picture and the one at zoo. He looks so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great time at the zoo!!! Even though the weather was chill fun was had by all!

    The potty is too cute, OMG!! I wonder if it will work for Knoah?? Have Trace call him and give him some pointers, okay!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was so great to see you guys at the zoo! Thanks for the smile warning . . . we'll see what happens when he turns 2 in 4 months! :) Simon was excited to see these pics of Trace and his tractors!
    Love Trace's potty! He's too cute - always time to play with tractors! Oh - I was looking at GeoTrax pieces at our Target the other day, so if there is something that you are looking for and can't find, let me know and I'll check our store.
    Taylor is always adorable with her poses! She's such a sweetie writing notes for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post! I loved all the pics of the kids at the zoo - what a fun day! And that potty chair is just awesome. Go Trace! We love the GeoTrax here in our house. Do you have Kohl's? We seem to find a lot of the pieces in Kohl's toy dept. If you ever need me to track something down...I love a shopping challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Isn't it fun getting together with other LP families. What a picture of Trace on the potty...he'll love that when he is older. Tay is a beauty and proud of her penmanship!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG I love the picture of Trace sitting on the potty! Too funny...that is a picture he is going to LOVE when he is older. Alex saw the picture of the geotrax and flipped out! We have the plane one and that is it, the rest are Thomas in this house (unfortunately!).

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is the greatest blackmail picture for Trace. He seriously looks like a model for Gap in that last picture of him at the zoo. You are a great mom letting geo Trax take over the house! Preston has a figure 8 Thomas set and then I let him cart the thirty to forty wooden trains wherever he wants. I think I may break down and get the under the bed Thomas table this summer-but he still has not played with all his Christmas presents yet.
    I love that Taylor is leaving you little messages. I used to do the same thing-write I Love you and then write "From" So cute!
    I am so mad we could not make the zoo trip-I think Preston would have also loved the "construction site."

    ReplyDelete
  14. How cute! That last picture just made my heart melt. They're so adorable. I can't even get over it! I'm glad you guys had such a great time at the zoo!! It's a fun place. I like the Panda statue, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Destini!
    What a great update!
    The zoo looks like fun and how fun to have other LP families there too :-) Trace's zip up sweater is SO cute!
    I love the construction potty chair too cute! Not looking forward to potty training though - ugh!
    I sympathize with you on the Geo-trax - they have taken over my living room! Amazon.com has some Geo pieces you might want to check out!
    Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great time at the zoo! The pictures are great! So funny that Trace is even playing with his trucks and tractors even while sitting on the potty! That last picture is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete