Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Easter Egg Hunt!

My parents neighborhood has a great Easter Egg Hunt on the Saturday before Easter every year. Taylor was VERY into hunting eggs this year, while Trace was really into going over to Pappaw's house to ride Eaden's new four-wheeler powerwheels. He did, however, go after a few eggs, after he realized there was candy inside! Taylor kept hunting after most of the kids gave up, and ended up finding about 6 more eggs from the ages 6 and under hunt, and then another 6 or so from the ages 7 and up hunt! She ended up with 27 eggs total! Tractor-maniac Trace had to be decked out in tractor wear - check his awesome tractor shirt that his buddy Parker gave him, his tractor zip-up hoodie, his John Deere ball cap, and John Deere boots!

Check out Trace's game face - watch out eggs, here comes Trace! Taylor is scanning the area for the obvious eggs, she is such a smarty-pants!



"Seriously Mom, there is candy in my eggs. Hurry up with this silly picture so I can get it out and into my tummy!"



Taylor and Pappaw, counting her eggs!



Last weekend the weather was just beautiful, and just in time for the first trail ride of the season! I took Friday off, took Trace to daycare, and one of my best friends, Jennifer, came down for the afternoon with her neice and nephew. Jenn and I groomed horses for hours (thanks so much for helping Jenn!) and Taylor had a blast playing with John and Katie! The kids would come over and brush on Booger (the miniature horse) for a while in between play breaks.

Saturday was the trail ride, and another of my best friends, Myra, came along. We were both in the WVU Equestrian Club in college, and share a major love for the horsies! It was a great ride, a beautiful day, and a great time spent with Myra! Here is a pic of Myra on Muchkin, with Stormy in the background.



I should have another blog up after this weekend, my little man is turning 3 tomorrow, so the Trace and Eaden birthday party is this weekend!

9 comments:

  1. The Easter Egg hunt looked like it was a lot of fun! I can't believe how many eggs Taylor found...way to go, girl! Those pics with Trace looks like he's up to something mischevious!! That's so cool you have horses. Our goal is to have a few one day. Can't wait to hear about the birthday party!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashleigh would be all over your horses if we were out there. Love party pictures and will be looking for that next blog on it. I didn't know that Trace and Aidan have birthdays so close. Aidan's is May 3.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute pictures!! Love the one of Trace...so cute!!! Looks like they had fun. So glad you had some time with friends. The horses are beautiful. It must be fun having them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Destini!
    What cute pictures! I love Trace's game face ... yes - we definitely have to get our boys together sometime! Their mischievous smiles will get them into plenty of trouble :0)
    Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness...I cannot get over how adorable Trace looks in his tractor clothes! Seriously, he is just too much! Way to go Taylor for your awesome egg-hunting...now just make sure Mommy doesn't steal your Easter candy! (Totally kidding, 'cause you know I scarfed down half my kids' stash!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all of Trace's tractor gear! He is too cute. I cannot believe he is going to be three! Our kids are growing up! Taylor is my kind of girl-make sure you get as many eggs as you can with the candy in them! I have never ridden a horse-is that pathetic? It is so nice that you have such a great passion. It looks so peaceful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Trace's very cool tractor outfit and his way cute game face! Sounds like they both had a great time! 27 eggs wow! Good job Trace and Taylor!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Trace's Game face!! He's such a adorable boy. Happy Birthday Trace!! Have fun b'day!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the pictures, especially Trace's game face - he's too much and so absolutely adorable in all of his tractor gear!! What a fun Easter egg hunt, and way to go Taylor with 27 eggs - Wow!
    Your horses are beautiful! What a great weekend to go on a trail ride!
    I can't believe Trace is 3 already! Looking forward to seeing pictures from his party . . . was it a tractor theme? :) Happy Birthday Trace!!

    ReplyDelete