Thursday, April 30, 2009

Batter Up!

So little Miss Pop-Star-in-Training Taylor is playing Tball this year! It is so cute to watch the kids, and they are doing suprisingly well. There have been no head-on collisions or pile ups going after a ball, no injuries of any kind, and they actually get lots of the batters out!

My friend, Brandi, is the head coach of the team, and her son, Brandon, is Taylor's boyfriend. They are quite the couple - even holding hands while walking out for the Opening Day festivities! Brandi and the other coaches are doing great teaching the kids the fundamentals.

Taylor is totally not shy about asking questions, and you never know what's gonna come out of her mouth. At the first practice, Coach Flav was talking to the kids and said "That's my pet peeve with..." Taylor's hand immediately shot up and she says "Um, Coach, what's a peeve?" I could just read her mind - "I don't have a pet peeve....what kind of animal is that...I gotta get one" It was priceless - as was the look on Coach Flav's face - he then realized that he was coaching TBall, not Little League!

At the same practice, Brandon's Aunt Jessica was watching with her dog, and Tay went up and was petting the dog. Jessica asked Taylor what her name was and the reply she got was "My name is Taylor Davis and I am Brandon's girlfriend." When Jessica replied that she was Brandon's Aunt, Taylor turned bright red, totally embarrassed. I don't know what we are going to do with the child!

Here's my All Star in action!

7 comments:

  1. OMG - you have your hands full! I cant wait to see what Little Miss Taylor is up to at age 12 ~ yikes :0) Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pics! You might as well go ahead and ground that girl for life now though, I don't think you'll be safe once the real boy issues begin! Too funny how she introduced herself! LOL! (and, by the way, this is me feverently hoping that I don't end up in the same boat with my girls! hehehe)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at her! So cute! I looooove hearing the adorable stories about Taylor, because I can just picture Grace doing the same things in a few years! She looks great out there, hope she has a fantastic season!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, she's sooo adorable and the commentary is just hilarious! Can you blame her for wondering what a peeve is?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodness - she is too cute and funny!! I can just picture her introducing herself to Jessica! :) You are definitely going to have your hands full with your cuties! Love the pictures, and I hope she has a fun season!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes quite the little diva you have. I love taylor stories. She is just too funny. She looks so pretty in her uniform. I really cannot wait to hear about her teenage years!!! Here's to a great season.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Taylor is simply adorable a little tballer. I think Ashleigh and Taylor would hit it off so well. Don't you just cringe at the thought of the teenage years with our girls.

    ReplyDelete