Monday, May 4, 2009

Slippin' and Slidin'

Wow, was it HOT here in WV a couple weekends ago! It was over 90 degrees on Saturday afternoon! John and I had started on opening the pool Friday evening, and I was working on it a little Saturday afternoon, the kids were trying to get in - that wasn't going to happen, the water is COLD, but I figured it was totally warm enough for some sprinkler play.




Last year, the kids refused to use the Slip N' Slide (that I got for $5 on clearance), because the water from the hose was too cold, but that didn't stop them on Saturday. I will say that the water from our hose is cold - we have well water and our well is about 200 foot deep. So, we would let the water run on the Slip N' Slide for a minute, then shut it off for them to go down. They had a blast!

They also have developed some sort of obsession with worms. I don't know, so don't ask. Taylor names them and wants to keep them as pets - GROSS!!!!




Here is the video from the SlipNSlide - I will pre-apologize for Taylor's horrid noise in the last part!

11 comments:

  1. I _LOVE_ slip-n-slides! I remember when I was a kid my softball coaches would break them out for sliding practice! Very cool pics. But, the worms - GROSS! My girls are starting to bring them to show me now and it's all I can do not to bat them out of their hands ('cause I am NOT picking them up!). hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so funny that they like worms! I love the pictures and little Trace analyzing the worm...too cute! What a fun day, I wish it would warm up here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tay and Trace, you guys are adorable, but worms are GROSS!!! Your friends Grace and Seamus would have fun digging up worms with you - and catching spiders too! Ew!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like Taylor loves worms as much as Ellie loves catepillars....LOL. I broke down and got a Slip N Slide last year, too, but didn't think a thing of getting it out last wkend when it was hotter than the Sahara Desert. The kids looked like they had a blast...summer is almost here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uh oh! Zoe wants a slip and slide now! We'll have to see about that! Taylor and Trace look like they had a ton of fun! Yep, I totally get the worm thing as both of my older girls are interested in bugs! Yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pics didn't come up last time I visited but that worm! Hannah would flip seeing it, she LOVES worms!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too cute - they do look like they had a blast on the slip n' slide! Love the video! The worm pictures are funny - Trace looks so intrigued and Taylor looks proud to be showing you the worms she found!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Destini,
    So nice to meet you! I am glad you found our blog. :) I look forward to getting to know you and your family through your blog as well. What a beautiful family you have!

    Hugs, Sara

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remeber I loved EARTHOWRMS when I was little, honestly! They are very good worms as a matter of fact, they are very good for the earth, I think they are better kind that roches :-) We even had a Polish cartoon for kids with a nice character - earthworm Magda :-) I love kids who love worms like that. It means they have a great connection with Mother Earth....

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved our Slip 'n' Slide when I was a kid! It looks like they had a really great time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun day. The slip and slide will bring hours of entertainment all summer, right??!!

    ReplyDelete