Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Breakfast of Champions! And Other Random Stuff

Are you thinking we had Wheaties this morning? Nope, we didn't, not even close. We had ice cream. I bought some sugar cones at the store the other day and Tay has been asking for ice cream ever since, and it just hadn't happened. This morning she looked up at me with big eyes and said "Ice cream?", and I said "What the heck, you only live once." Taylor also applied her own makeup this morning, so she looks a little wierd... So, here are some shots of the kids eating breakfast this morning...(ignore the screwed up images, the kids messed up my camera settings and I just got it fixed this morning)




Now that it's completely clear that I'm not getting the Mom of the Year award, here is some other random stuff. Taylor had her Tball Trophy Ceremony at the Dairy Queen last week. She was very excited to get a trophy! Poor Trace had to look like a baby in Pooh overalls, those of you on Facebook will remember the day that the poor kid was out of clothes at daycare and I left with him wearing Bob the Builder underoos, sandals, and a belt with diggers embroidered on it...and well, the Pooh overalls was it at my mom's.





Finally, Taylor is apparently working on her artistic photography...I found the following shots (and a ton more) on my camera when I downloaded my photos today...I'm very impressed with her apple stacking skills myself...







All of you lucky families heading to NYC, have safe travels and a great time!!

9 comments:

  1. Haha - Trace looks like he's posing for the camera with his tongue out! And I, too, am impressed with Taylor's apple-stacking abilities!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely win Coolest Mom Ever for allowing ice cream for breakfast! Yum! But you are so right, we only live once...and kids will definitely remember those fun things we let them do. I am also impressed with the apple-stacking skills...way to go, Tay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, we do birthday cake for breakfast, and I've been known to bribe my kids out of the house faster with McDonald's hashbrowns...so at least there's milk in ice cream! :o) Love the stacked apples, very artistic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you would get the BEST MOM of the year award for letting the kiddos eat ice cream for breakfast. Ahhh live a little once in a while, right!? I want to squeeze Trace one day! Ahhh he is just so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Icecream for breakfast! I think you would for sure receive a Best Mom Ever reward! I bet the kids loved it! Cute pictures as always and wow, Taylor can really stack up those apples! I'm impressed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You crack me up! "Trace looks like a baby in Pooh overalls" :0) Trace is just too darn cute ... I love his summer tan and blonde hair. Taylor is a hoot, makeup and photography skills ... she is growing up!
    If I gave Caden the choice he would probably want to live at your house ~ I denied him a popsicle breakfast the other morning :0(

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's my kind of breakfast! :) I'm sure Taylor and Trace think that you are the coolest mom ever! I'm impressed with Taylor's artistic photos!
    Have fun camping! I bet the kids will love Idlewild (we planned on going a couple of times as kids, but never actually made it there). Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you! Ice cream for breakfast-it's like doing pancakes for dinner-you only live once. You rock! I should have had ice cream for dinner. I am very impressed with Taylor's apple stacking skills-Go Taylor! Have a great 4th of July weekend. Kids are as adorbale as always!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is great! I want to be as great mom as you are Des! I am going to take my family for ice cream breakfast tomorrow, Sunday! Taylor has a talent for still photography I can tell! Keep practicing Taylor! What a talented lady! :-)

    ReplyDelete