Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Fishin' with Pappaw!

A couple weeks ago Taylor was kind of crying in her sleep. When she woke up the next morning, I asked her why she was crying and her answer was: "I had a dream". So, I naturally asked about the dream. "I was fishing with Pappaw." Confused, I asked why she was crying. "Pappaw has never taken me fishing before." was the answer. My dad was instantly heartbroken when we told him about it, and has been trying to get Taylor fishing ever since!

He was planning on taking her out on his john boat, but the private lake we were at has not maintained their boat ramp, and there was NO way we were carrying the boat down the hill to the water, so they fished from my parents' friend Barbie's dock. Taylor caught 3 bluegill. Because they were not going on the boat, Trace and I stayed, and my sister brought Eaden out too. I think the kids liked the worms better than fishing, and Trace and Eaden had a great time throwing sticks off the dock into the lake. We also took a spin in Barbie's paddleboat while we were there!









9 comments:

  1. Glad to hear Taylor had fun fishing - and that she cought a couple too, how fun! Kylie and Nikki got fishing poles from Santa (they were obsessed with "NEEDING" them, we don't have any idea why) and we still need to take them down to one of the lakes ('cause there are so few to choose from here in MN!) and let them have a go whilst the weather is still nice! Love all the pics - Kylie would SO want braids like Taylors if I showed her those pics!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne just caught 3 sunfish last night at Grandpa's house!!! Too funny, how much we all are doing and sharing on our blogs...congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I know my kids would love to go fishing, but they'll definitely have to get their Poppy to take them - I am not touching any worms, yuck! Great job Taylor on catching some fish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww!!! What a sweet dream! I'm glad they had a great time fishing!!! Wow, go Taylor! 3 bluegill!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job taylor! And great job on those braids mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go Taylor! Glad the kiddo's got to go fishing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh, I'm so glad Taylor got to fishing with pappaw! Too cute ... and of course they liked the worms, ewww!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun! Way to go Taylor on catching 3 fish! When I first saw the line about them fishing, I thought that you would say that Taylor and Trace liked the worms best. :) Cute pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute! That is pretty amazing that she caught three fish her first time out. I think when I went fishing once I caught a crab and seaweed so go Taylor! Preston would have liked to play with the worms with Trace I know that. Love the pics of the kids. They are always so smiley and happy (don't worry though-I understand from our morning facebook updates that the kids are not always pleasant. There is where Preston and Trace are alike as well-not morning kids!)

    ReplyDelete